Clutch Cable

Peugeot 106 1.5D 1997

Clutch pedal on car I've just bought right down on the floor. Assembly on gearbox looks same as Xantia I have but no means of adjusting.

Is the adjustment on the clutch pedal? If so whereabouts? Can't find anything.

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

look at the cable, if there is a large spring around the outside (under the bonnet at the pedal end) then it is a self adjusting (sic) cable.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

there is a nut on the end tighten it well, there was on my mates 92 car

Reply to
dojj

I assume you mean on the end of the assembly. This 'nut' is round, it doesn't look as though it's been rounded by bad spanner work, just a round steel grommet on the end of the wire.

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

no, there was an adjusting nut on the clutch fork in the engine bay

2 if i remember correctly we spent ages fiddling with it have you tried to wedge it and put a spacer inbetween the end to see if this makes a difference?
Reply to
dojj

This sounds very much like the system used on my xenia with the clutch cable going through two rubber grommets which are clamped to two metal levers/forks. The cable then has two small nuts to adjust the cable.

This 106 has the same system but on the end of the cable is a circular metal grommet to secure the cable. But there is no adjustment.

I'll see if there is any adjustment on the pedal and if not I'll try spacers.

Cheers, krystnors

Reply to
krystnors