coilover kit

What is a coilover kit ?

Lad next door been going on and on about it all afternoon something or another hes having done to his car.

Reply to
magicman

He's having stronger piston return springs fitted. This makes them go back up for the next cycle faster, so you can get higher revs and more power for the same amount of fuel.

Quite a popular mod but you have to get it matched to the engine or it will over-rev and you could damage it.

Reply to
PC Paul

"PC Paul" wrote in news:99YRg.18359$aP3.6064 @fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

You mad bugger ;-) ROFL.

Reply to
Tunku

It's a Suspension mod

Neil

Reply to
Neil Postance

The extra weight of the stronger springs causes the car to sag on the suspension, so the most obvious outward sign of having fitted one of these kits is a lower ride height.

FFS, OP - Google "coilover kit" Biggles

Reply to
Biggles

It is a special kit that allows the exhaust to be automatically removed at each speed hump, you get the added benefit of remote oil draining too!

Reply to
mrcheerful

Ok so perhaps I'm a bit out of touch with the latest boy-racer mods, but this doesn't make sense to me. Surely the last thing you would want is a spring between the piston and the crank shaft. Would have the effect of absorbing the power of the combustion for a moment and then releasing what's left it at the wrong time. As for the piston coming back up faster. What is the point. It just has to be in place at the right moment for the spark. Being their earlier wouldn't help and I'd have thought was impossible as piston position must be controlled by crank shaft.

Thats my logic anyway. But not saying I'm right.

bucket

Reply to
bucket

lol :o)

Reply to
reg

roflmao.

Reply to
reg

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "bucket" saying something like:

Ah, but. The energy absorbed by the spring is kicked sideways into the dimension porthole for a brief period, to be released back into the spring on the power stroke. As you know, energy can neither be created nor destroyed, but simply shifted around or changed in form. This device neatly sidesteps our physical universe and uses B_S-space as a storage medium.

The next major development will be the tapping of the inexaustable reserves of B_S-space energy on a continual basis to power engines without fuel as we know it. Just lots of little springs.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Ed Hazell

Ah, yes... the venerable B_S-space energy conservation rule. How long do you think it will be before commercial power generation is a reality with those? We shouldn't need power stations at all and all our cars will be powered directly from a B_S-space power cell about the size of a briefcase, flying cars become a distinct possibility as the weight of our cars would drop low enough for the anti-gravity generators to become efficient at last especially with the extra power available from the power source.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan