Cold weather and car remotes.

Hi all,

A colleague of mine has just bought a year-old Toyota Verso. In-between telling everyone how wonderful it is, he mentioned that, on the last couple of mornings, the remote hasn't worked. At all other times, it's been fine. The only common factor we can think of is that it's been bloody cold both mornings. This-morning he was careful to keep the key warm before using it, but it still didn't work, so we think the receiver in the car might be suffering a bit of temperature drift. Has anyone else seen this? Is it a known Toyota problem or anything?

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

My keys hang on top of the radiator, they're nice and warm when I go out in the mornin.

Reply to
Gøñzølã

Corolla verso with the keyless remote?

We just got one, no problems so far - I'd go for a battery change and clean the contacts - usually sorts such things.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I'll pop down Wickes, but I'm not hopeful that I'll be able to find a hook strong enough to hang a Verso above a radiator ;o)

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

temperature

anything?

Get one of them wooden shelves instead then :o)

Reply to
Gøñzølã