Corsa air-con 62 reg

Hi. My corsa 1.4 ( (44000 miles) aircon only works on max setting so I'm taking it to dealership tomorrow for a 3pm booking. Only bought it 4 weeks ago. Is it a quick fix or much longer?

Cheers.

Reply to
Arthur R

I would assume that you mean the fan only works on max setting? This is caused (usually) by the fan speed resistor pack, a dealer will probably charge about a hundred to replace it. Usual cause of its failure is lack of servicing in the past.

Reply to
MrCheerful

I bought it from evans halshaw about a month ago. still under guarantee so no charge I assume. I think it did have a full service history but I've lost the booklet. And yes, only blows on max setting.

Reply to
Arthur R

Ask them to check that the cabin filter is in good, dry, recent condition, as this being blocked is the usual cause of failure of the resistor pack that supplies the low speed fan settings, it works by losing heat as an electric fire does, insufficient air flow makes it overheat and burn itself out, occasionally they catch fire, especially on Zafiras.

Reply to
MrCheerful

Wilco, thanks.

Reply to
Arthur R

+1 often its the thermal fuse in the resistor pack that blows. It can be a cheap DIY repair.
Reply to
alan_m