cv gaiter

I've just noticed that the nsf cv gaiter has 1.5" split in it. There's a fair amount of grease leaked out of it around the hub carrier and suspension arm but the CV joint is still lubed up pretty well. It had an MOT a week ago so it's pretty recent. Problem is that I need the car tomorrow for a ~70 mile round trip. I have grease. Is there anything I can do to bodge it until Monday? Will I get away with packing a load of grease in it and crossing my fingers?

Reply to
bodge boy

In message , bodge boy writes

I'm sure it will be fine if you pack it with grease before your trip.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Then wrap it in cling film.

Reply to