Dead radio?

If it saved me scrolling down all the time ,yes I think oit would be areally good idea. Are you proposing one?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I don't mind what the convention is so long as I don't have to root around checking both ends and the middle for the new post.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

You probably beed to snip more often then;-)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Silly silly P'r'at. - what a shame you didn't learn about usenet and newsgroups before you started posting. You stupid stupid P'r'at

Guideline 1 lurk first

Rule 1 learn and respect the conventions of newsgroups - they are older and wiser than you.

Reply to
OG

In message , Pat Crouch writes

Looks like you're not very familiar with how newsgroups work.

To put someone in your killfile means that you don't see any of their posts - they are filtered out automatically. In extreme cases, if everyone killfiles you, you might as well be talking to yourself because nobody else is listening.

It's worth knowing that newsgroups have been around for a long time (predating the Web by several years) and so have many of the people posting to them. I got this particular email account in the 80s, for example, but was involved with bulletin boards, Prestel etc before that

Personally I'm not too rabid about top posting but it does annoy some people. Bear in mind that, if you're posting here, you're probably either asking for assistance or wanting to sell something. In both cases it's sensible to try and get on with the regulars.

HTH

Reply to
leo