Diesel injector cleaner

Is it worth using this stuff on a Pug 205D with 80,000 on the clock, and if so, which is the stuff to use?

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Stuart Gray" saying something like:

Dexron ATF is the stuff to use and much cheaper. Just lob a 1/2Litre in the tank every couple of thousand miles.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Really? I've got a good few litres of that stuff lying about in the garage.

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Yes really. It won't work immediately in my experience but will work over two tanksfull of fuel. Doesn't really need doing more often than once or twice a year, again in my experience.

It is red, so if the rozzers or gestapo dip your tank, have a few receipts ready and tell them the truth.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Yes, basically; I used to run my diesels with an extra strong dose every half service interval. Keeps things quieter and smoother.

Reply to
DervMan

It's possible to tell the difference, although we may insist on taking parts of the car apart if you're awkward. :)

Reply to
DervMan

"We?" - are you a part-time copper then Dervy?

You may have mentioned it before and I'm just being forgetful.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Heh - at the end of the day, they put a different isotope in red diesel so it's easy to tell, chemically, whether or not it's red diesel, even if it's been bleached so it appears normal. I think.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Heh I was, not any more... :-(

Reply to