Driving without wing mirrors

hi

my drivers side wing mirror was sideswiped recently. I need to make an important trip from holyhead to london tomorrow, and will not be able to fix it by then......

will i be commiting an offence to drive w/o a wing mirror? is it a serious offence if so?

any help and advice appreciated.

avi

Reply to
Avi

Drivers side, yes.

Dunno. I'd find it bloody annoying not having one.

Fix things when they break and not wait 'til you need them?

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

If your car is less than 26 years old, then yes.

Grant Mason

Visit a caravan accessory shop (or Halfords) and buy a clip on mirror. There are different fittings which will make a temporary attachment to your door or wing (depending on type of vehicle and/or your preference).

Reply to
Howard Neil

I'm sorry officer, some nutter in a rusty transit knocked it off 10 miles back there.

Reply to
Lock Horsburgh

Are you telling the officer that when he's asking you why you just killed a motorcyclist who was overtaking you, and you thought you'd turn right suddenly and didn't see him??

Reply to
CampinGazz

Or when you've changed from L1 to L2 on the motorway, cut up a petrol tanker and caused a multiple pileup?

Came across a f****it in a Renault van on the A500 yesterday with a couple of inch square bit of mirror taped where the glass had been. Nearly got himself killed pulling out of a sliproad.

Reply to
Conor