DVLA at their finest

Trying to change tax class on my old viva, Post Office could not, so sent to DVLA, letter back asking me to upload or post pictures of the registration number ! The vinplate and its location, and the stamped in chassis number. The first two were simple, the last impossible, no-one knows if it even has a stamped in chassis number. Even Vauxhall workshop sheets only mention the vin plate, mot testers don't know and the viva owners club didn't think they have one, mrGoogle couldn't hep. So I sent the pictures I have to the email address on their letter: a snotty auto reply came back saying that the email address I had sent to would not work after the end of March, but that they had kindly accepted it and re-directed it. I have little hope of ever seeing my V5 again. The car has been registered to me at the same address for close on 40 years!! Not taxed for the last thirty seems to be the problem.

Reply to
MrCheerful

After a few weeks they sent me a modern V5 but still the same tax class, not historic vehicle class, which was the whole point in sending in the old V5 in the first place. Still at least it shows up on the DVLA site now, and I have marked it as SORN till I can get it changed to HV class. Next problem will be getting it on to MID, they don't recognise it as a valid registration, although that may alter in a week or two after DVLA release their next number update.

Reply to
MrCheerful