End of my pinking? Place your bets :-D

I did about 15 miles in two trips.

< snipped >

I've tried it, but it took 3 hours to uni, so if I walk there and back it's almost a whole day gone :-(

Hmm, are you sure, my ones haven't been stored in the ECU, so maybe it's a weak mixture?

It's all new stuff :-(

Argh :-(

I'd like to, but I'm working :-(, I'll see what I can do!

Reply to
Peter

If your girl's pinking[1] or got bits falling off, you've got more trouble than a mechanic can help you with.

[1] in an unfortunate and almost-missed typo, that came out as 'oinking'. Oops!

Cheers,

Reply to
James Dore

LOL! No, it wsa naturally that colour.

Reply to
DervMan

I'm back in Reading this weekend - saw a *very* shiny yellow Sei parked near Prospect Park - reg was FE02xxx. Yours Pete?

Was half tempted to get underneath to check the cat heat shield......

Reply to
Grant

No, my one's a V reg Metallic Blue one. btw, I've definately got more wrong than the heat shield. My car was idling 'badly' last night. It was idling smoothly, but it sounded like there was a bananna stuck up the exhaust again. Last time this happened I replaced the plugs and leads and it was cured. I had a look at my Magnecor leads just now and found black (Carbon?) deposits on the leads. Does this mean they were arcing. On black leads you wouldn't see carbon, but it shows up on red ones. It seems to wipe of fairly easy and it definately wasn't on them when I fitted them (4 days ago). Surely the Magnecor ones can't be arcing :-(

lol, you'd probably've got beaten up if the owner had caught you!

Reply to
Peter

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Peter decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

beaten up by a Seicento owner, now that I'd like to see...

Reply to
Pete M

What, are you serious, it was pinking? Hadn't it done less than

60,000 miles when you got rid of it? What was wrong with it?
Reply to
Peter

UV light.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

The message from snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) contains these words:

Very bad for Fiats. It's amazing how many people buy them really. You'd think that coming from a sunny place like Italy they'd have sussed the UV problem ages ago.

Reply to
Guy King

I don't think you actually have much control over the effects of UV on red and yellow paint.

Some paints seem worse than others, and Fiat did improve things with later cars.

You'll probably find that not many people buy red Fiats in Italy or something.

Reply to
SteveH