escort 1.8d van engine.

I own a x reg. escort van with a endura 1.8 non-turbo, cav pump

done 100k miles belts last changed at 82k

on driving the running feels lumpy with small surges of power nothing serious but irritating on idle the engine seems to waver in speed slightly.

changed fuel filter (very little water in filter contents) and air filter.

have thougherly bled system (including loosening injector unions)

cannot see any vac pipes connected to injector pump to check.

any suggestions or am I looking at new injector pump?

Tia

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Carr

sounds like air getting in

Reply to
Mrcheerful

check the fuel lines that run by the gearbox side of the engine, ive seen a few over the years that have been rubbing on various mounting clips ect & rubbed small pin holes in the fuel lines letting air into the system.

Reply to
reg

ok will look them over at weekend when it's daylight.

Reply to
Andrew Carr