Escort 18.D - Ignition/Starting problem

1995 Ford Escort Estate 1.8D [Non Turbo].

This is the first time its let me down,and im having no joy in trying to rectify the problem myself - Any help or ideas would be very welcome.

The car is usually a good starter , but this time as it was just about to fire into life - the starter motor stopped - since then theres nothing happening when i try to start up. no solonoid clicks or slow turnover etc.

The rest of the electrical system seems fine , the dash lights are bright, battery seems to have a good charge, and everything else electrical appears to function as it should.

I have removed the starter motor and tested on a battery - that works ok I have also visually checked for loose wires , bad connections etc - nothing looks out of place .

Can anyone give me a clue as to where to look for the fault - Please

T.I.A

Reply to
gazzb

Test the ignition switch by connecting a bulb to the solenoid cable & earth at the solenoid end (having disconnected it first). If there's nothing - which I suspect - it's the switch.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham