Escort Windscreen Query

Hey there,

This may sound like a rather daft question, but I'm sure it'll involve a simplistic answer!

I bought my son a 2000 Escort Finesse. It came with most extras for a bargain price, as the latter escorts had pretty much everything in them to get rid of the parts.

It appears to have all the connections for a heated front windscreed de-mister, but does not actually have one.

How involved would it be to just connect the appropraite switch to the dashboard, connect it to the already-present connector, and work out how to get the whole thing connected up? I have noticed there are wires everywhere that would be appropriate for an Escort Ghia model, even on the older Ford Focus' this isn't the case, and wires weren't put in for most extras that weren't to be fitted.

I guess I'm asking have they put in all the appropriate circuitary (is there any except connections to create resistence to cause the wires to heat up on the front windscreen?) - but I'm having trouble using haynes manual to check this.

It would need a new front windscreen, but that'll be under £80, had a check already with some local firms so might play them off against each other as soon as I find out if what I want to do is feasible.

If anybody's attempted this before on any similar car (ie: not a BMW with complicated front-heater-windscreen electrics) then please let me know now. For those who are cynical, I would appreciate some abuse ;-)

Cheers, Dave

Reply to
David R