Espace diesel 2001 Timing Belt ?

Hi,

When should the 2001 Espace diesel 2.2dCi timing belt be done ?

The handbook is for the Tdi.I was told last yr it is later.

Ta

Nick

Reply to
Nick (Scots)
72,000 Miles or 5 Yrs
Reply to
A C

Excellent, sitting at 63K and was panicing !

I have spent 2-3hrs googlein for this info.

Are you a mechanic or did you fnd it somewhere ?

Thanks

Nick

Reply to
Nick (Scots)

Some of us have Autodata.

Reply to
Conor

Aha, saw it on the web for 6.95.

Cheers

Nick

Reply to
Nick (Scots)

Take a valium before you get a quote from a main dealer to do the job, I happened to notice a figure of £460+ on the price list (and that was just for changing the belt not a full service, last time I was in the local Renault dealer. Good news it that a local place did mine for about £120, including a new water pump and a few other bits a few years back.

Good news is, I no long own a Renault. The Espace was a great vehicle but manufacturer spares were silly money and Renault UK unresponsive to an out of warranty problem.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

There were unresponsive to 'part they fitted' warranty. Only a local garage convinicng me twice,no charge, that it was a part claim did the main delaer do he work.

HiQ will do it for under £200.

Nick

Reply to
Nick (Scots)