Estates

The message from James Dore contains these words:

Sod that - you wouldn't get me under one to change the oil without axle stands no matter how clever the suspension.

Reply to
Guy King

Yeah, I can see it being problematic if it takes too long, as the suspension will depressurise, but you can park up, raise the car, and whip off the sump plug and change the filter before that happens. The suspension height lever next to the handbrake has a 'maintenance' (highest) setting which apparently shouldn't be driven on so I dunno if it locks the suspension in position or not, but I never needed to find out :->

Cheers,

Reply to
James Dore

The message from James Dore contains these words:

Personally I'd rather not take the chance on it choosing that moment to fail. Life's too bloodyminded to trust on such matters.

Reply to
Guy King

And you're dead right. Rule no. 1 about hydraulic cits : Never ever go under them when they're just supported by the hydraulic bits.

For an oil filter change you could take the chance assuming you're not putting yourself anywhere it will get squashed if it fails, but you have to remember when you've let all the oil out you can't run the engine to raise it again.

I use axle stands :-)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

One three seater sofa, one double sofa, one single chair, plus a footstool. Sort of Ercol-like but oversized, not the piddly little cottage furniture Ercol actually make.

They're /big/.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Takes a good few hours to drop on one thats working properly.

Reply to
Conor

My missus has just changed from a BMW 525 to a XM Estate and has very quickly realised just how much bigger than the BMW it is.

Reply to
Conor

Has she pranged it already? :-)

Reply to