FA : Ford Zephyr for 99p

Still 6 days to go. The price could shoot up in the last minutes, it will probably sell for over £10,000.

Reply to
Johannes

Do you think it will be worth £20,000 ?

Reply to
Johannes

The message from "aussie bongo" contains these words:

I reckon he's just broken open an abandoned garage and is flogging what he found in it.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You're very perceptive today...

From the very first line of the auction... "My friend has just bought a garage and this car is inside it."

I reckon the 99p is about fair, from that pic.

Who wants a Mk3 Zeph?

Reply to
Adrian

The message from Adrian contains these words:

Ah, I didn't actually read it!

Reply to
Guy King

"Adrian" wrote

I do. But not that one.

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

Knight Of The Road ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You're sick.

But not that sick.

I dread to think what the rest of it looks like. Banger racing would probably be a bit optimistic.

Reply to
Adrian

"Adrian" wrote

I've seen cars as bad restored to as-new condition.

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

The best thing for that car is to be recycled...... Its awful and never was anything really that good.

Artie

Reply to
Arturo Ui

Knight Of The Road ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

How can you tell from that pic? Does it even exist, forward of the C- pillar?

Anyway, they were probably far better cars than a Mk3 Zeph.

Reply to
Adrian

Well, there is that - thing is, you don't know from that pic - it's either a case of talk nicely to the guy and ask if you can have a decent look before bidding, or take your chances. There's a chance it could have had a fair bit done (at least one panel looks like it's a new one, still in primer).

Reply to
AstraVanMan

AstraVanMan ( snipped-for-privacy@whataloadofforeskinbollocks.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Indeed it could have had a fair bit done. Fifteen years ago. Then the guy found out how bad it really was. And gave up. Fifteen years ago. And shoved it in a damp lockup. Fifteen years ago.

Reply to
Adrian

Sorry we don't have any more information. At the time I looked at it I was wearing a suit, so didn't venture into the murky depths of the place.

There looks to be lots of stuff in there and we're hoping someone will come to clear out the lot.

Rob

Reply to
Kalico

Ownership can be proved. The garage came with the lease of a shop. All papers are present for the lease and the buyer would be able to contact the previous lease owner who told us he didn't want the stuff in the garage.

There is no V5 or anything with the car - hence why it is just being sold as scrap parts.

Rob

Reply to
Kalico

Honesty is the best policy. My friend is a shop-keeper. Not an E-bayer. It would hardly be a good idea selling something from someone else's garage when the Police would know exactly which shop to find him in.

Reply to
Kalico

You're welcome to come have a route around it all. Nothing hidden, but I admit they are crap photos - I didn't take them.

Restorable or not, I have no way to clear the thing out for him, hence why it seemed obivous to put on Fleabay.

Rob

Reply to
Kalico

Of course you can come to take a look. Why wouldn't you be able to?

Someone might get it for 99p. I don't care as long as they clear the place out.

Rob

Reply to
Kalico