Fiesta 1.25 Zetec R reg air-blower resistor pack

Ex-wife asked me tonight what the problem might be with her fan settings in above car. The fact that she mentioned smoke appearing and that the fan only works on position 4 (full) suggests that the resistor pack has blown. Unfortunately it didn't burn her car out but such is life...

Have told her she needs an auto-electrician to fix it so she intends to phone round tomorrow. Had I still been living with the woman I may have attempted to fix it myself but I don't so I won't. Can someone give me a rough idea of price to get this fixed? Yes I know, it's a very subjective question depending on 1,001 factors but has anyone actually had this done? Why I continue to help the woman I don't know but I guessed at £30 since the actual resistors cost peanuts, it's getting to them that I ain't sure about.

TIA for any useful responses.

Reply to
Dave

Double that and add a little for a mobile electrician.

MrCheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I don't know the Fiesta, but on some the resistor pack costs twice that 30 quid. And can be a pain to replace.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Get her to get the pollen filter changed too because AFAIR, the=20 resistor pack sits in the fresh air vents and uses the airflow as=20 cooling. A blocked pollen filter is usually the cause for the resistor=20 pack failing. Actually it's not the resistor pack so much as a fuse=20 that blows on it.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, =A32.50 just for signing up:

Conor

Thanks for the information guys, will pass this on.

Reply to
Dave