Injection pump swop

I have a vehicle fitted with a Renault 1.9 non turbo diesel. It has an electronic 'throttle' but no EGR,airflow or inlet temperature sensor. I want to replace the electronic injection pump with a manual one.Is this possible and which pump do I need and which car would one be in? Thanks, M

Reply to
martin

Why?!

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

"Sandy Nuts" wrote in news:fOXSg.26412$r61.15268 @text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

So he can run on veggie oil? :-)

Reply to
Tunku

Hi, Because the engine is fitted in an amphibian and sea water and electronics don't mix and there is no 'hard shoulder' in the Channel!! M

Reply to
martin

A relative of this motor was fitted to the mk1 clio's and the Extra Van. I am fairly sure these were standard mechanical injection. You will however, need to swap the injectors as well.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

martin ( snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Fit something else, then...?

There's a marinised version of the PSA 1.9D/TD kicking about out there - I was wandering around the Boat Show one time and thought "Blimey, that looks familiar"... It's a bloody good rock solid and very simple lump.

Reply to
Adrian

Injection pumps are matched to the engine, so you have to be very careful. You can do damage by fitting the wrong pump. Your best bet is to try and find an old r 19 pump but you would need to know that the engine is the same and hasn't been modified to suit the new type pump. It's possible Renault left the engine and cylinder head an just changed pump for new type, Unless you've some way of finding this out for sure it would be too risky.

John

Reply to
John