Fiesta rev problem

Newly aquired Fiesta 1.1 cfi 1994 has just started revving by itself changed the TPS & the throttle control motor as i have a spare engine and management system avalable and the symptoms are still the same appreciate any ideas

TIA

Reply to
glen

Clutch and / or brake switch.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

When?, during idle?, maybe Idle Control Valve.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Tim certain it is not the clutch but why the brake switch

Reply to
glen

Dont know if this engine has one if so where?

Reply to
glen

did he mean a clutch pedal position switch? some of these also have a multi wired reverse/gear switch, what does that do?

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

ECU has switches both on the clutch pedal and brake pedal which allows it to better control engine idle characteristics during changing gear and also braking. When the switch goes faulty or pops out of its locating bracket you either get stalling when coming to a halt, or a stuck high idle which takes ages to return to ~850rpm.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Hi Tim, Any idea when they started doing this. I can't find any details of this on my Aug 93 1.1 CFi Fiesta?

TIA

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin