Ford Escort TD Immoboliser

Hi Just disconnected, and reconected the battery. Now the car won`t start :-( Cranks over OK but will not start. There is a clicking noise from near the ignition key. Is this the immoboliser stopping the car starting? If so, how do I reset the immoboliser so the car will start. Cheers Gerry Harris Whose wife is not happy as she wanted to go out :-(

Reply to
Gerry

Have you tried locking and unlocking the car?

Reply to
Kippers

Yep tried that, no effect but after several tries locking unlocking trying to start etc still wouldn`t start, cranking over OK but still ticking from near ignition key. Eventually flattened battery. Put spare battery on charge for a while, connected up via jump leads, fired up immediately, no ticking. Ran car for short while, starts OK of own battery now, no ticking. I am convinced (?) that it was an immoboliser problem which has now reset itself. Cheers Gerry

Reply to
Gerry

Very unlikely, the immboliser relay on these is solid state. It's more likely the fuse box starting to fail.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt