Frontera 2.2i

Is one hour's extra labour reasonable for changing a power steering hose on one of these - at the same time as the timing belt's being done? And a full service?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Labour times for the following from the Vauxhall TIS labour time guide (assuming a MY2000 2.2 Frontera-B (latest shape)).

Pressure hose from pump to rack 0.9hrs +0.2 hrs additional time for RHD vehicles.

Reservoir to pump supply hose 0.6hrs +0.2 hrs for RHD vehicles

Rack to reservoir return hose 0.7hrs +0.2 hrs for RHD vehicles

Older shape Frontera 2.2 uses the above times but with a 0.1hr reduction on each.

I would say that the extra hour is a reasonable allowance, considering the PAS system will need bleeding after (0.2hr operation)

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

Excellent - thanks for this. I'll pass it on to my pal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)