Glad I did that. Cambelt change.

Absolutely sure that Fords using the Zetec E and SE as used in the Focus and others are 100k.

The SE units were 100k from the beginning, the E was 80k, but Ford upped it after finding they would reliably run to 100k.

However,certain Vauxhalls were originally 72k, but many early failures caused the interval to be reduced to 36k. To be fair this was mainly due to water pump failure taking out the belt - sometimes in less than 36k!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Ta.

Reply to
John Laird

Got the belt changed on the wifes car 6 months ahead of schedule as I was paranoid...

...less than 2 months after the dealership had replaced it - snap.

Lesson learned there: don't EVER used dealership monkeys to do anything more than a basic oil change, and even then they'll muck that up.

Reply to
JohnnyC

I ran a 1.5 Nissan Sunny from 47k to 190k, bought mainly because of easy DIY. I changed the cam belt every 60k as recommended, but really it was a job to tell the difference between the old belt and the new one, as it was in such good condition.

Reply to
SteveB