Grease on Wheel Nuts?

Although I'm 9 years short of your experience I've never had a problem with wheel nuts either. I've always just wiped my oily/greasy fingers on the studs and that has been just fine. And I've never used a torque wrench on a wheel nut. A bit like you for the vast majority of those 47 years I imagine. You know when it's right.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Although I'm 9 years short of your experience I've never had a problem with wheel nuts either. I've always just wiped my oily/greasy fingers on the studs and that has been just fine. And I've never used a torque wrench on a wheel nut. A bit like you for the vast majority of those 47 years I imagine. You know when it's right.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

IIRC it was Devon & Cornwall ambulance trust had a lot of wheels fall off after that trick.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

This is the reason I love usenet!

Tom