How much would people on this newsgroup be prepared to pay for a gallon of fuel?

Hmmm, wrong persona for this group. BAD Michael.

Reply to
Mike Barnard

How much would people on this newsgroup be prepared to pay for a gallon of fuel? How much would people on this newsgroup be prepared to pay for agallon of fuel? How much would people on this newsgroup be prepared to pay foragallon of fuel? How much would people on this newsgroup be prepared to payforagallon of fuel? How much would people on this newsgroup be prepared topayforagallon of fuel? How much would people on this newsgroup be prepared to pay fora gallon of fuel? How much would people on this newsgroup be preparedtopayforagallon of fuel?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

I did say its in the process of being changed

Reply to
steve robinson

Yes i can see , it certainly wasnt me though , most of the posts i made were in response to others

Reply to
steve robinson

As i have already said i have not changed any headers most of my comments were in response to postings made by adraine or connor

I can E mail you the posted log if you wish

Reply to
steve robinson

Still do a bit of that. Had a job on Friday afternoon but only an hour.=20 Nobody has any money at the moment and those who do are hanging onto=20 it.

--=20 Conor

I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't=20 looking good either. - Scott Adams

Reply to
Conor

Who said anything about it being solely Polish? It was you who introduced that. I said foreign.

They are. They still don't have enough inspectors to inspect all the thousands that come in every week.

If its running it at cost, how can it save money outsourcing it? MFI thought they'd be clever doing that - subbying it out to DHL and laying off all their drivers and they ended up on Watchdog a few weeks ago because their delivery system was in meltdown.

Reply to
Conor

Where? Even the cheapo salt ridden Tesco s**te is more than that.

Reply to
Conor

Driving it is a minor part of the job. Also the Drivers CPC was introduced which means all newly qualified drivers have to do a 40hr training course and then sit an exam before they can be employed. Existing drivers have to have taken it by 2014.

I never claimed it was solely from fuel tax. I said it's a contributory factor. I've listed some of the other factors in several posts.

Reply to
Conor

You think? Riight.

I see those industries complaining. And we're not asking for=20 protectionism - just a level playing field. When we go over to the=20 continent, we have to pay road tolls and vignettes to use their roads=20 and fines at the side of the road so why do foreign lorries pay nothing=20 to use our roads and get away with all but the most serious offences?

--=20 Conor

I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't=20 looking good either. - Scott Adams

Reply to
Conor

The first post with every one of those headers apart from the first was from "steve robinson" .

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Conor , i have get similar comments in my business , my stock answer is why arent you doing it then .

Most people dont see anything other than the lorry , they have no idea about loads and loading , what you can and cant carry on the same vehicle axle weights , because they can drive a car they think driving a lorry is the same.

Reply to
steve robinson

Basically because our government will stand for the 5 card trick

Reply to
steve robinson

Um, we're talking about a business sector where there's oversupply and companies going to the wall - isn't the answer to your question pretty darn obvious?

The Howdens of this world are the lucky ones - they can put prices up as costs rise. Its those who've got fixed price contracts for whatever reason who will be suffering.

clive

Reply to
Clive George

Every one wants something for nothing

Reply to
steve robinson

You included.

Reply to
Clive George

Conor gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Y'see in the post you replied to, where it says "ASDA". There's a clue in that bit.

Reply to
Adrian

Conor gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Whatever. Not British registered.

So any British registered wagon must get left fairly well alone, then?

Reply to
Adrian

True, but you also asked "what have you picked up on". Although you didn't ask me personally. I just butted in.

Reply to
Mike Barnard

This is where looooooooong childish shouty threads start. Please don't go there! :) The point has been made.

Reply to
Mike Barnard