Is this a Bosch or Lucas diesel pump?

Can anyone please identify from the pics what make of diesel injection pump this is? It's fitted to a 1997 AstraVan 1.7TD (mk3 older shape). It is the Vauxhall GM engine and I believe these were fitted with either the Bosch or Lucas pump but I'm not sure which one this is. I can see the words Bosch printed on the plastic immobiliser cover but not sure if the pump itself is a Bosch.

Was thinking of converting to run on a mixture of diesel & veg oil but from what I've read it is only the Bosch pumps that you can use with veg and not the Lucas. Cheers.

Redwood

Bosch.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Cheers Tim, just what I wanted to hear :)

Reply to
Redwood

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Redwood" saying something like:

Looks like a Bosch to me. If I may offer some advice, keep your mixture to a max of 50% vegoil to avoid any issues and toss in a half litre of Dexron II ATF every tankful, to help keep the injectors clean. You can certainly run on much heavier mixtures of vegoil, but you need a heated fuel system to do it reliably. In the summmer it's not such a problem, of course.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Thanks for the tip. Will probably get one of those Vow2 fuel heaters.

Redwood

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Redwood" saying something like:

They look ok and not bad value for money when you consider the hassle in making one from scratch. I run a heated fuel filter I got out of a Citroen/Pug something - handy thing is, it uses dead cheap CAV filters, unlike the bloody pricey Ford elements. Only advantage the Ford element has is that it is easy to fill before fitting.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon