Laguna key transmitter range

Friend has just gotten a 96 Laguna rt and can only get the key transmitter to work standing at the car, a few steps further away and no luck has changed the batteries but still the same. Any help? Thanks

Reply to
Robert Bailey

I can get mine to work from the rear passenger door on my 97 RT if I hold the key at waist height and slightly pointing upwards ! Although I once hired a Clio in Minorca and could open the locks from my balcony (15-20yds). But mine has never been better than 2-3yds if held in the correct position

Reply to
Merlin

Good luck :o)

and can only get the key transmitter

The cleanliness of the windows and the sensor (in front of the interior light) can make a big difference, especially if anyone has smoked in the car. Meths is an excellent cleaner. Different makes of batteries can affect the range too.

Reply to
Carl Bowman

Thanks all will pass on your comments to him

Reply to
Robert Bailey