Micra- Squeak.

Four year old Nissan Micra has suddenly developed a squeaking noise (bit like a cat) when traveling over roads that are not smooth. It is 'in the boot?'( not the cat) Removed all, lowered the back seat, checked spare which is secure. Rocked the car sidewards and back to front but cannot find the B squeak. Any ideas please Peter.

Reply to
Peter Coddington

It may not be in the back at all. A squeak of mine which I could have sworn was coming from the brake pedal hinge pin turned out to be the rear brake shoes rubbing on the back plate.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

I will investigate.To day drove about 5 miles before the squeak arrived, a bit like a squeaking door ? Peter.

Reply to
Peter Coddington

My point really was that where you think a squeak is coming from and where it is actually coming from can be miles apart! I'm not suggesting your brakes might be squeaking - although they may be.

Rob

Reply to
Rob graham