misty corolla headlamp

Hi, have 94 Corolla and the near side headlamp has condensation on the inside. I was advised that it probably has a tiny hole on the front where the water gets in. i checked carefully and can find no such hole. any other suggestions please? many thanks john west

Reply to
john west++++

The message from "john west++++" contains these words:

At a guess the seal where the glass meets the rear housing has failed. Take the unit out and see if it's the sort that comes apart when you take the clips off or whether it's the glued together sort. If it comes apart, take it apart and see what the seal's like. If not - well, I'd try a smear of silicon sealant round it.

The idea about the hole's the most obvious though - usually very very small in the middle of a bullseye caused by a flying stone.

Reply to
Guy King

Many thanks. is there some way to dry it out well before resealing, since there is a lot of moisture in it, and the weather is very wet at the moment? john west

Reply to
john west++++

The message from "john west++++" contains these words:

Take the bulbs out and blow a hairdryer into it. Ideally if you've got one of those sachets of silica gel granules they pack cameras and the like with as dessicant you can leave one of them in overnight before putting it all back together.

Reply to
Guy King

Pop it in a warm oven

WARM not HOT!!!!!!

Reply to
Tom Burton

The message from "Tom Burton" contains these words:

Gas ovens are very humid inside.

Reply to
Guy King

ah I have a lekky oven, never gave it a thought!

Reply to
Tom Burton