Mondeo 96. Warning indication.

Hi all, My 1996 1.8TD did a wierd thing t'other day.

Got home from work, turned the key to off and a relay under my right knee started a slow, nearly random chattering. The warning light by the clock came on as well.

I restarted and stopped the car and all was well, except that warning light comes on when I lock the car using the IR remote. It flashes two long pulses before setting down to its usual "Alarm on" type pulse.

Anyone any thoughts before I get cold and start searching the car for faults? I don't really want to take it to Ford and be told it needs an Alarm module for a cost of £400 or whatever.

Robert

Reply to
Rv!

Sign up here for all mondeo probs,its free:

John

Reply to
John.....

It's something to do with the alarm. My 1996 Mondeo LX does this. My alarm also sounds. Ford told me it needs a new module, whereas

seems to point to a cracked wire on one of the door sensors located on the drivers sill.

I just thought f*ck it, and pulled the alarm horn connector off. IT still clicks, but hell, the car is worth £500 if that so I'm hardly going to spend a shitload getting it fixed!

Mike

Reply to
Mike P in Brazil

Same here. Pulled the lead off last night to stop the constant agro. Problem I have is the unit did lose it's "remote" last night and needed a reset. Three plugs on the alarm module under the steering wheel, I unplugged the accelerator one to reset and get the thing going again. Obviously I also lost all central locking/remote etc until I had reset this.

I do have a spare module somewhere in the garage which I must get round to digging out.

Rv!

Reply to
Rv!

Ya, Been there done that. It was one of the first places I looked actually. Never saw anything of interest to the current problem, did I miss it?

Rv!

Reply to
Rv!