mondeo engine removal

hi i have to change the engine in my mondeo this weekend, and i was wondering if it can be removed through the top ? anyone had any experiance with this? cheers graz

Reply to
graz

Take the bonnet off and there shouldn't be a problem. You may need to drop the transmission first, though.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

i was hoping to pull the engine and gearbox out the top together, once idd removed the drive shafts ect,,.

Reply to
graz

No, Engine, Gearbox, and front suspension wishbones (and struts if you want) come out from underneath on the subframe.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Presumably the OP has the required bits to align the subframe again afterwards??

Reply to
PC Paul

I didnt want to worry him with that.. ;-o

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

15quid from your local motor factor.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

Excellent. As long as you know they exist...

It's a pity there couldn't have been lugs on the casting (or whatever) that lined it up as you bolted the bits together, really...

Reply to
PC Paul

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Tim.." saying something like:

They can be done from above if necessary.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Yup. 6 cylinder ones slightly harder than the 4 pots, but still possible all the same.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts