Mondeo Madness

Just had to share this bit of Ford Insanity with you all!!

Just finished patching up some surface rust on the sill behind the rear end of the weather strip (the thing that clips on the top of the sill) on my mondeo and have realised that the probable cause of the rust starting in the first place was the poorly finished and quite jagged edge of the - weather strip!!!

I have seen rust in this exact place on many Mondeos and as this location is not exposed to road hazards such as stone chips etc i can see no other logical reason why rust would set in here other than the jagged edge of this strip penetrating the paint when it was banged on in production!!!

Anyone for a class action against ford? :)

Matt

Reply to
Matt F