Mondeo using more fuel

Yup. If the donk is idling for 25% of the time in the city you do notice the difference...

Reply to
DervMan

The message from "DervMan" contains these words:

Ah. I live in Telford - we don't have traffic.

Reply to
Guy King

Yes it should. Just done the wifes this weekend. Sat on the bottom end and was warm right until you went out of town. Changed it for a new one which is a 15 minute job as they're easy to get to and it sits in the middle. Not only that, it's up to running temperature within a minute or so of setting off.

When you buy a new thermostat make sure they supply the rubber ring that fits round it.

Reply to
Conor

But I don't spend all day sat around with the engine idling.

Reply to
Conor

Piss easy, fit a genuine Ford 'stat...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

No.

Reply to
DervMan

I live in York, we have nothing but! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Is it parked in an oven overnight ?

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Not unless it's got a honking big electric preheat. Mine doesn't come off the bottom of the gauge until I'm at least three miles away from the house.

Reply to
Chris Street

I'm no expert on diesels - just a simple pedant. If it's running, and that's the temperature it is, then...

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

The message from "DervMan" contains these words:

Don't you just. I went to the Railway Museum a while back.

What you also have in Spades is that great British tradition of excellent road signs which take you almost /but not quite/ to where you're going. Then stop.

Reply to
Guy King

Or like Swindon, where they direct you into the town but not out.

Reply to
Malc

And I thought that I was missing seeing a sign somewhere!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

The message from "Malc" contains these words:

Ah, that's not the traffic department, that's marketing.

Reply to
Guy King

My Focus' coolant is upto running temp within 2.5 miles of cold start even in this weather, on A road 40mph driving.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

Ta. 3 bolts and how many knuckleskins?

Sounds easy enough though, I'll get a stat and have a crack next time the ice is off it...

Reply to
PC Paul

Where? Apart from rush hour, York is quite quiet.

Reply to
Conor

How the f*ck would you know? Have you driven the car? Come through and I'll show you.

Reply to
Conor

Nope.

Between here:

and here:

going down Crathorn Road, Coltman Ave, a journey of 0.9 miles it got up to over 1/3 on the guage.

Reply to
Conor

So assuming that you averaged just under 60mph in the first minute of driving then yes, it "might" have got up to operating temp within a minute...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)