Mondeo using more fuel

Dude, rush hour is like, 08:00 to 19:00.

Reply to
DervMan

Unless it somehow manages to get the oil up to temperature within sixty seconds, there is no way everything is up to temperature.

That won't help.

Reply to
DervMan

I must just pick the quiet bits.

Reply to
Conor

WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THE WATER TEMP.

Reply to
Conor

Very good. You've finally got to the point of the whole thread.

No, really?

Yup.

Reply to
Conor

"it's up to running temperature"

As I have pointed out several times, there was no way of knowing what you were talking about.

Situation normal, I suppose...

:-)

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Aye..as usual you're not thinking. The thread was on about water temperature.

Reply to
Conor

It was the thermostat after all. New one fitted, all now as should be. Expansion tank hot, needle in middle and most importantly mpg vastly improved. Must have been faulty for a while, in a year of driving the car the temp gauge only slightly moved above minimum, mpg averaged 37. Last few days I have been getting 40mpg which I dont thinks too bad for a taxi doing round town driving!(and certainly a lot better than the 31mpg I was getting last week). Engine also sounds a lot quieter, the performance is slightly better and the driving is definately a lot smoother.

Reply to
Kay

The message from "Kay" contains these words:

I hate to think how much bore wear you've had in all that time of overfuelling.

Reply to
Guy King

But isn't diesel oil a lubricant ?

Reply to
powerstation

The message from "powerstation" contains these words:

Ah, I'd forgotten it was a diesel!

Reply to
Guy King

Doesnt matter! Ask any VAG Tdi owner who's ended up with oval bores and cronic oil consumption after he failed to replace the injectors when they wore out!

tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

Don't think the 'stat had been completely broke for a year, only slightly broke. If that's possible of course! I think its been opening not quite fully (hence the needle moving about a quarter from cold) for the last year or so, and failing completely in the last fortnight.

Reply to
Kay