More Fiesta Problems 1997 51500 miles

Thank you all for your comments on the White Engine compartment.

But now I seem to have a few more worries(or is it just me)

Purchased Vehicle last week 2 weeks after its MOT test at Harlow Essex I was told at the time of purchase that the winscreen had to be replaced for the MOT, Sure enough nice shiny new windscreen. But I have just noticed that the Windscreen was fitted 2 Days after the pass certificate was issued and the mileage difference from Harlow(test centre) to their home is about 40 miles yet the mileometer reading on both sets of paperwork only differed by 5 miles.

I would not worry about this alone but coupled with the fact that I had no rear lights when I drove the car home(one blown bulb one dodgy connection has me worrying).

Today I jacked up the front and I notice that the wishbone rear support rubber part is basically cracked and perished (is this a problem)??

There is also steering judder when braking. Not the car just the steering wheel.

I expect to replace warped disks etc and other bits and pieces but this MOT thing is worrying me.

I have phoned VOSA and they say the certificate is Valid and registered

Thanks Dave

Reply to
David Keates

If you are unhappy with the condition of the car relative to the MoT then report it to VoSa, who will sort out a check mot at another station.

However: Bulbs and connections can fail at any time. Cracked rubber may not actually allow any play. Some imbalance and juddering is allowable in the brake department.

Perhaps the billing and fitting of the screen were remote from each other? It is common practise that MoT issue pass certificates to people they know will get work like windscreens done before the car is sold (it should not happen, but in the real world it does, and most of the time there is no problem)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks for your reply Yes I was not going to jump up and down too high, Its basically my 18 year old Daughters first car and I want to be sure the car is safe. I have Emailed the sellers as to why the dates dont match(awaiting reply) Thanks Dave

Reply to
David Keates
[snip]

The MOT doesn't show this, though. It shows that it was roadworthy on that day.

Do you have a trusted garage? Or you can have an AA / RAC inspection carried out?

Reply to
DervMan

Yes It is supposed to be the road worthyness on the day. you can understand my caution I know bulbs go at anytime but all these things add up. On the other hand why would they replace the Windscreen if they did not have to fot the MOT?? if I never had the windscreen invoice I would never have suspected anything.

PS: we have a Kermit here Metalic green, W reg Basic KA, lovely car. Thanks Dave

Reply to
David Keates

I dont know if my expirience has any relevance but.

I have just dug my reciept out for a windscreen that i had replaced by RAC Autoglass.

This invoice is dated 7Days after the glass was replaced, i paid the driver by card and my card was debited 8Days later...

I recived the invoice by post and a job sheet from the driver on the day.

What i suggest is that glass was replaced, the MOT carried out, and then the invoice for the glass generated.

At the end of the day, if i was stitching someone up like that, i just wouldnt give them the invoice.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton