MOT failure??

The bonnett release cable has snapped on my motor (although it can be opened from outside without much fuss). Does anybody know if this is an MOT failure?

Many thanks

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Rob ( snipped-for-privacy@scara.freeserve.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's not.

Reply to
Adrian

Although if they can't access bits they need to test, they can refuse the test, can't they?

Reply to
Stuffed

Stuffed ( snipped-for-privacy@rse.non) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Absolutely. However, he did say that the bonnet can be opened from outside. It may piss the tester off and cause him to look more closely at things he may otherwise let by, and it's going to have the effect of making it less likely that anybody's ever going to check the oil...

FWIW, one of mine's been missing half the interior bonnet release since before I bought it four or five years ago, and there's been no MOT probs yet. The release is via a bit of wire cunningly hidden in a wheelarch - which is *lovely* - this is how I *know* that oil levels get neglected...

Reply to
Adrian