MOT test fee is to rise

Mot test fee for all classes is to rise Monday 6th april

for most of us cars which is class 4 (up to 8 passenger seats) will rise from £53.10 to £54.00

Reply to
reg

"reg" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Oooh. 90 pence.

Reply to
Adrian

reg has brought this to us :

80p - seems hardly worth while!
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I got mine MOT'd last Wednesday and the invoice shows £54 ..they must be ahead of themselves .

Reply to
.

90p actually
Reply to
.

An MOT station is not allowed to charge more than the going rate for the test, you either had work done or you're lying?

Reply to
Fred

"Fred" > be ahead of themselves .

id agree with Fred if they had charged you the new price before the 6th april without doing any work id be having words with them.

Reply to
reg

In message , reg writes

That's the last straw! I'm off out to buy a new car tomorrow!

Reply to
Gordon H

No one would risk overcharging for an Mot.

Reply to
Mill Autos

Could be 90p for a small bulb. There are so many on a car. E.g. rear number plate illumination (2 bulbs) is easily overlooked. My car failed MOT on near side indicator, and the tester didn't put it in.

Reply to
johannes