Motorist in a day dream

[snip]

I don't think they did tube design at Weybridge. The business there was called Peto Scott, and by the time I joined in 1970 they had been owned by Philips for some time.

The only Tony I remember was Tony Cleaver - I think he did circuit design ...

Reply to
Graham J

Ah right. I may be getting my remembery wrong and it could have been over at Crawley. He lived in Weybridge and later in Horsham but worked for Philips at both locations (I think).

Reply to
Steve Firth

He'd find no shortage of work around here, then.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

[...]

Realistically, there is noting you can do other than pulling over and letting him pass. He vill carry on tailgaiting others until he is eventually cought out by police or unmarked police.

I drive as lot on motorways and typically see three car shunts in the outer lane. I think the mechanism is that the car at the back was tailgaiting. The middle car moves forward and gets too close to the third car. The tailgaiter and the middle car typically quite fancy cars, and the drivers might have shown off a little.

The best action for the middle car would have been just to get out of the way and letting the idiot continue. As said, there is really nothing to stop him until he is discovered by police or unmarked police. Sad, but better than being in the middle of the sandwich.

Reply to
johannes