My car :-(

In message , Guy King writes

Watch out for tip burn.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

The message from Paul Giverin contains these words:

If I can ever get this seal off my tip I'm off clubbing.

Reply to
Guy King

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Peter) saying something like:

After your mum and dad have had a go at fixing it, would you please let us all know exactly what roads you'll be travelling on, just so we can avoid them.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember pb saying something like:

Wait a minute; doesn't his car have the Inverse Oscillating Valve Rotation Collar licensed from Spagthorpe? In such installations it has been known for the faulty valve stem seals to cause reverse flatulation flow, thereby increasing the severity of the oscillation mode and overriding the natural damping effect of the collar.

The end result is a terminal failure of the exhaust manifold, it being unable to cope with the extremely high pulse pressure. Replacement of the entire power unit if often the only cure, although some owners have found that asking their Mum to give it an Italian Tune-up sometimes works.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It's mainly when underload, but happens more often now, ie. all the time other than when I'm moving at a constant speed. Up hill's a nightmare :-(. My dad should be replacing my gasket on Saturday afternoon (and Sunday morning if he has problems).

Reply to
Peter

The mileage was identical. I'm thinking that the car was probably just too hot because it had sat in the sun, so they needed to let it cool down.

Reply to
Peter

Peter (petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No. It isn't. The mixture is ECU controlled by the lambda sensor, and will illuminate the engine management light if there's a problem. It'll fail the MOT if the mixture's out.

Your Car Is Not Pinking.

It's the only one that's even remotely likely to make a difference to economy.

The despicable bastards. Sue them.

Reply to
Adrian

pat burley ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Would they be available for a Fiat, though?

Reply to
Adrian

Peter (petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

There's a strange rattle that you think is pinking, and the exhaust is "farting" on a car that's only ever used for very short journeys, has a ridiculously low mileage for it's age, and is pussyfooted everywhere.

Anybody else thinking "rotted baffles"?

Reply to
Adrian

Naa, I'm thinking either "wind-up" or "drive the sodding car into the nearest brook"...

Reply to
DocDelete

DocDelete ( snipped-for-privacy@thehomeofnospam.org) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Peter's either genuine, or the absolute A1 world champion of trolls.

There's nothing wrong with the car...

Reply to
Adrian

The message from snipped-for-privacy@aol.comNoEmails (Dave Baker) contains these words:

Dave - you're starting to sound a lot like Spine Milligna.

Reply to
Guy King

Now you come to mention it, and knowing the routing of a Cinq / Sei exhaust, the 'pinking' is probably the cat rattling on the heat shield under the 'transmission tunnel' near the shift lever.

Reply to
SteveH

No, I have given it a thrashing and they're not 'very short', just 'fairly short'. It's about 6 miles to uni.

It's not a riduculously low mileage, 37,000 for a 5 year old car, that's just below average I think. It's not pussyfooted everywhere, somebody in another thread was accusing me of using a too lower gear!

No, if it is then it must've been like it when my new exhaust was fitted half a year ago.

Reply to
Peter

That's what I thought, but sometimes these kind of faults can go un-noticed by the ECU. If this doesn't cure my problem then I don't know what to do :-(.

Nope! The density is supposed to improve it and I think the additives are also supposed to improve the economy.

Reply to
Peter

Peter (petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I like Steve's idea of the Cat heat shield.

Your wallet would remember a new Cat.

Reply to
Adrian

Peter (petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If you had a fraction of a clue, you'd realise how ridiculous that statement is.

Reply to
Adrian

Not studying English, then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I'll have to wait until the MOT for that one. Garages probably wouldn't know where to start to diagnose a faulty cat. They'd probably start by going to a pet shop ;-). It probably should've been diagnosed in the electronic diagnosis that I had, but loads of other things should've probably been diagnosed :-(

Reply to
Peter

Ying-tong-iddle-I-po!

Reply to