My car :-(

So who could diagnose it then? The Pope? The cat may not be faulty in terms of doing its prescribed job but it could well be mechanically faulty - ie. loose rattly bits or a jingling too close to the body or other metal parts. Get under and take a look...

Reply to
DocDelete

Dave Plowman ( snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Or, it seems, Geography.

Reply to
Adrian

Peter (petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Why?

The heat shield won't affect the function of the cat or the emissions.

No, they'd ask their mum.

Did the electronic diagnosis stick it's little electronic head under the car, reach round the cat, and give the heat sheild a good shake to see if it'd come loose, then? I've not seen one do that before...

Reply to
Adrian

Oh the heat shield!

No, I got the whole exhaust checked at another garage and they gave it all a good bashing from the cat downward.

Reply to
Peter