My car has got...

The message from petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Peter) contains these words:

Why would a computer be able to tell what's happening on the HT side? Its job is to ensure that the timing and so on is correct - the HT is down to replacing the leads with a proper (not "go faster") set and not worrying about it for a few years.

Any more of this and you're in my killfile as a troll.

Reply to
Guy King

That's like saying, "oh I'm not pregnant, just slightly pregnant."

It's a short trip. Not everything will be up to temperature - coolant perhaps, but the rest of it, no.

Reply to
DervMan

You knew about this and you didn't do it?!

Given your, erm, questions and how you avoid what we've told you (by usenet or email), how do you know that there is really a problem?

I don't know of many petrol engines that have no subtle change in engine note when idling, for whatever reason.

Eh? If the owner doesn't friggin' sort that out when looking at it, he or she shouldn't even open the bonnet.

Or when you could have resolved it yourself.

You need to understand more about how it works and what happens.

You've said that you know everything and have read everything on my website, go to it to

then!

Reply to
DervMan

Oddly enough, the RAC box'o'tricks that diagnosed my wife's misfiring Polo identified a problem with the HT system on cylinder 3.

Don't know how, but it did!

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

The leads are two weaks old now, it's the 2nd time I've replaced them. They can't be shot! I replaced the leads a week before it went into the garage, that makes them 13 days old today!

Reply to
Peter

Are they OEM leads from a Fiat parts desk?

Reply to
Rob

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Nah, he's too bloody funny.

He's almost as big a laugh as sir.doggy.

They could be related, y'know....

Reply to
Adrian

My previous ones were Fiat, from the parts desk, but my current ones are Bosch and they seem better than the Fiat ones.

Reply to
Peter

When we put the leads in we separated them, but the seem to move back together. They're fixed pretty well now though.

It sounds like it's misfiring and it didn't used to do it!

It does idle a bit rough, which is normal and I'm not bothered about that. I am worried about the misfiring though.

Reply to
Peter