New car reg's

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 17:07:10 +0100, I waved a wand and this message magically appears in front of Gordon H:

The best registration plate that I've seeb was L1 UNX. My favourite operating system!! :-D

Reply to
Alex Buell

They hadn't. Husband is a partner in a local estate agents chain where the bookeeper embezzled £250k and they didn't even notice.

Whatever.

Reply to
Conor

In message , Alex Buell writes

For some reason the DVLA wouldn't let me have the plate I wanted, C11NTS.

Bag of bastards...

Reply to
Clint Sharp

There used to be a Bentley or Roller that parked regularly on a main road out of Nottingham, I think the reg was:- BOL 10X

Reply to
Harry Stottle

not insured according to askmid and is a hummer according to rac

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Are you stalking Conor?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Not insured? I haven't seen it for some time, maybe he torched it after a bank raid. :)

Reply to
Gordon H

"Pete Zahut" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

It's even funnier when they change cars but keep the plate, because it's got their initials on.

There's a Merc ML round here with an X5 plate.

Reply to
Adrian

well if they want my 9 grand in cash they will :)

never thought it'd be so hard to choose a few letters for a new cars reg number, i guess i will just get what ever comes with the car (as 6 days till i get it now) and save up for a private plate later.

when i bought my van, it had a private plate on it, but it was a company vehicle and the plate read the name of the company (with a little font shifting to make an R look like an A) made it a pain in the arse getting parts from iveco at first, as they go on the reg number, and the van was on their system with the private plate which had been put on it from new, i have tried to have it changed to show my current reg, but they never do it, at least i know if anyone nicks the van, they will have trouble getting parts for it, as it dosent exist according to iveco.

Reply to
gazz

In message , gazz writes

Unfortunately a major reason for nicking vans and lorries is for the engine so that's not really going to be an issue for them.

I believe there are gangs around here that can have the engine out in under ten minutes with the aid of a Stihl disc cutter and another van.

Of course, even if the vehicle is recovered, after being sliced apart by a gang of pikeys it's usually scrap.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

and that is one of the reasons I never bothered to change my transit to a diesel, the Pinto is perfectly good enough for the low mileage I do and the pykies won't bother to nick it or even drain the fuel tank.

Reply to
Mrcheerful