Nissan Miicra spark plugs

Sold our 2005 Nissan Micra K12 to a bloke down the street a few months ago.

54k miles on the clock now. Serviced every 12 months by an independent garage who is very good. New owner got all the old bills etc. I saw him yesterday and he says the car is due for a service which he can do himself. Seems the spark plugs have never been changed, he was asking me the mileage when they should be changed. Seems this is not in the manual and he can't find it on the interweb. Neither can I. I did read that they are "long life" plugs. Anybody know the mileage for changing spark plugs on this car? It looks like a bit of a big job.
Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

It always helps to say which engine!

Autodata says 72,000 miles / 8 years for a 1.0, 75,00 miles / six years for a 1.2.

The 1.4 will be dependent on what the manufacture date was; service interval changed mid-2005.

The 1.6 is the same as the 1.2.

Worst case:

which might put him off of DIY!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

1.2. It never occured to me to look at Autodata.

I'll pass the info on to him, thanks for the reply and the heads up on Autodata. At one time I did my own servicing, not anymore.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Chris Whelan wrote: [snip]

Surely it's easier just to change the engine ????

Reply to
Graham J