Nissan Qashqai

Anyone driven one of these? My mum has seen an advert and wants one...

Reply to
Marvin

Why does the name remind me of cash cow?

Reply to
malc

And me! Thought the very same thing the first time I saw one!

Spooks

Reply to
Spookydel

I'm wondering how pissed off the owners are going to be after every teenager emulates the adverts.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

What adverts? I'm vaguely aware that there must be something on the idiot's lantern about them but I go into standby mode when the adverts are on.

Reply to
malc

malc (malunspamwhite@light_indigo_overthere.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's a very silly ad that implies that if you stand on the roof normal traffic rules don't apply to you, and that it can fly. Oh, and that there's absolutely no ride quality in them whatsoever.

Reply to
Adrian

& it can survive people standing on the roof happily. Which I suppose it might but somehow I doubt it.
Reply to
Duncan Wood

Duncan Wood ( snipped-for-privacy@dmx512.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I think you'd find it hard to find a modern car that WON'T - the forces are minimal compared to those it'd need to take in an impact. Yes, you may get footprints in the skin, though.

OTOH, I don't think it'd take a giant with 10ft long feet standing on the roof...

Reply to
Adrian

Which aren't going to be cheap to fix.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Duncan Wood ( snipped-for-privacy@dmx512.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's a 4x4, it'll get much worse the first time it's taken properly off- road.

Oh, wait, what's that you said? Nah, surely not... Who'd be that daft?

Reply to
Adrian

I thought it was front wheel drive.

Reply to
SteveB

SteveB (sbrads24^ukfsnDOTorg) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ah, some of 'em are 4wd.

Reply to
Adrian

The 2 litre petrol and diesel are 2WB but 4WD engages when traction is lost. The 1.5 litre diesel and 1.6 petrol are 2WD

Reply to
Marvin

Getting closer, 4wd is an £1500 aprox option on the two 2 litres versions.

Its basically a Focus sized car but a little higher than most hatches (ultimate roadholding is compromised but so what?) , Its more comfy and better vision

I th> Adrian wrote:

Reply to
Tommy