Non-starting Corsa

Anyone have any ideas why a diesel would stall and then refuse to start? the car is an M reg 1.5D Corsa that my dad bought from an auction last week (!), drove it home, stalled it in the drive and it has refused to start since! Diesels are a complete mystery to me, so does anyone ahve any ideas where to start looking, known issues etc??

thanks guys,

John

Reply to
jsebc

broken cambelt

Reply to
mrcheerful

The message from "jsebc" contains these words:

Cam belt.

Reply to
Guy King

what damage is likely on a diesel??

Reply to
jsebc

Same as petrol- bent valves! If its the standard 1.7 you may be lucky and get away with snapped fingers only.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

The message from "jsebc" contains these words:

Lots.

Several bent valves at least, and depending of the flavour of the engine pistons, camshafts, rockers....

Reply to
Guy King

It probably isn't though, unless they put the 1.7 engined in the 1.5D models. HTH. :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan