Zafira Mirror

I've broken my Vauxhall Zafira o/s wing mirror. It *looks* an easy job to replace it myself - anyone know whether it actually is?

Cheers,

Dave

Reply to
David Long

It is fairly easy but it depends how much is broken. I think you need a special 'screwdriver' to get the casing off the door as you will need to release the inside door trim.

If it is just glass or outer casing it is easy. The Partsman could even do it for free - we do.

Alan

Reply to
Alan

In message , Alan writes

Got that - but the lower bolt is part hidden by the inside door trim...

I think that's where I'll get stuck - all the electrics are in there, and I don't want to pull anything off by being too heavy-handed.

I could do that myself. The glass is okay - the casing is okay - it's the swivelling part which has broken..., and you have to replace the whole inner unit.

Thanks for your response... any further advice most welcome. ;-)

Reply to
David Long