Oil leak Zetec-E 1.8i on Mondeo

Hi Chaps, I have an oil leak on my Mondeo. It is a petrol 1.8i Zetec-E motor with 120,000 on the clock. The leak seems to be coming from the rear of the engine when looking at it from the front of the car. I've heard that the oil pressure sensor could be a culprit. Does anyone know where exactly this is? From the front of the car looking at the engine, is it on the right or lefthand side? Or in the middle? What is the best way to view it? Should I jack the car up a bit and slide underneath, bearing in mind it only leaks when the engine is running. After being in hospital for six weeks, crawling under the car is a bit of a strain, so I would like to know what I'm looking at. Cheers for any input.

Stuart.

Reply to
Tunku

Zetec-E

It's at the rear of the block, alongside the oil filter. Access from below, unfortunately.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Chris Whelan wrote in news:Yr1On.53314 $hx1.28064@hurricane:

Many thanks for that info. I'll start rubbing in the horse linament now. : )

Reply to
Tunku
[...]

I'm 64 today, and have had my fair share of ailments, so I understand perfectly.

Good luck!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Chris Whelan wrote in news:g%3On.61293 $bb1.55450@hurricane:

And many happy returns to you !!!

Reply to
Tunku

DO NOT crawl under the car supported solely on a jack.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

even more dangerous with the engine running !!

Reply to
Mrcheerful

In message , Mrcheerful writes

Especially if it's an automatic.

Reply to
Gordon H

No, marginally less so if left in park.

If a driven wheel is off the ground, it won't matter anyway. The risk of getting under a running car that is inadequately supported comes from the vibration causing it to fall from the support, not from it driving off on its own!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan