OT: buying a car on ebay with no road tax or MOT

The MOT is supposed to be a last resort safety net, to remove dangerous cars from the road. Too many drivers these days see the MOT test as some sort of target, which only needs to be achieved once yearly, rather than a level or roadworthiness that the car should have at all times.

Reply to
SimonJ

Agreed. The missus can't understand why I spend a lot of weekends tinkering and playing, or when replacing a worn part, fitting an uprated one.

Her car (only 5 years old now) gets MOT'd, gets serviced, gets driven. If I don't check the oil, she never will.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar