Paging Andy Hewitt

I was surprised - it's rather nice and light but not overly so. I think the RX has slightly lighter power steering but that may be because it's RWD.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

DervMan ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ummm, if they break very rarely, and you've tried two - and get the same error with both... doesn't that suggest that both are actually fine?

Reply to
Adrian
[Snipped Text]

Mileage isn't an issue, I never saw one of those blow up.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Yes, although the Honda has got speed sensitive PAS, it starts to cut off at 28mph.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

My thought too.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Should I send you a photo of mine then once I picked it up? ;-)

Reply to
Timo Geusch

I don't know the precise code, our Accord has the earlier nine pin connector not the later OBD-II type. The Honda dealership say it gives an internal module error.

Reply to
DervMan

And mine, but at the back of my mind it's possible that the replacement gave another code... possible.

Reply to
DervMan
[Snipped Text]

hmm, not very helpful then, I think I'd be inclined to check connections and earths first, check battery condition, and go from there.

Just don't stick an ohm meter up the air bag wiring though.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt
[Snipped Text]

La la la la la la la ot listening......... ;-) w

Reply to
Andy Hewitt
[Snipped Text]

Could be. Did you have it reset after it had been fitted? If there was a code stored when it was removed it'll stay in there until it's reset.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Hmm. The unit was removed and replaced so the wiring that end should be okay...

Reply to
DervMan

"Pass" is the honest answer. Surely a Honda dealership would reset it..?

Reply to
DervMan
[Snipped Text]

I would have thought so.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt
[Snipped Text]

That end should be.

I think I'd check what code was stored in the second module before anything else now. If it has the same code, then you're more likely looking at another fault. If different, then you probably have a faulty module supplied - I would have thought you should be able to get a replacement.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Heh. I think you're safe, I doubt I'll attempt any warranty claims :-)

Reply to
Timo Geusch

I *know* you won't ;-)

Anyway, good luck with it.