Perry's Of Bolton - Screw U too.

A screw has come out of the left hand side of the dashboard that hold the top and bottom halves together on my 2003 Autosleeper Symbol. ( Peugot Boxer 2.0hdi ) Motorhome.

Called in at the dealers and pick one up before venturing off on a 3000km tour of Europe on Friday the 6th July.

Shock Horror - They dont have any.

Ok can you order me one, I need it before next friday. ?

You must be joking, my boss will go ape if I order a bag of 50 screws just to sell you one. Can't you find one at home. ?

That was last week and I'm still seithing with anger.

Is this NORMAL SERVICE from a Peugot Dealer.

So anyone is feeling kind enough to help out in locating a screw

I can be contacted at....................

zozzer - AT - zozzerweb - DOT - com

Reply to
Zozzer

your not alone, same for any main dealer, ive ordered clips, screws ect for customers & they've come in bags of 5's 10's even though i only want 1 & they wont split a bag. nowt you can do about it im afraid.

Reg

Reply to
kronenburgh

Five or 10 is reasonable, but refusing even to order them is different. I was so disgusted I just walked

Reply to
Zozzer

Zozzer ( snipped-for-privacy@B2yonder.co) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Go and register at

(don't forget that a Boxer's the same as a Relay/Jumper) and see what it says about availability. Armed with a part number, ring around Cit, Pug & Fiat (Ducato) dealers - or just order a bag of 'em if they're not expensive. ... or just shove any ol' self tapper in there...

Reply to
Adrian

He didn't refuse to order them, you chose not to have them ordered because you didn't want to pay for the quantity they were sold in. There is a big difference. He would have ordered the screws for you no problem. I doubt your tiny order will make them bankrupt. If you had ANY common sense you would have gone to B&Q and looked for a similar one, or as the man suggested to look at home. Are you sure you should be driving something like that on your own! Make sure it has a satellite internet connection in case you need to post each time something happens.

Reply to
Rob

What kind of screw is it? It would help to mention why it's so special that only your dealer can supply it. Presumably your camper is out of warranty by now...

Reply to
Mark W

My local VW dealers will sell me individual screws and clips. There's no nicking one out of a scrap car when they're all 15 years old and rusted to hell (in this case, screws fixing the boot "plinth" on). Far more cost in time than a quid or two at the dealer.

Reply to
Doki

Or B&Q or Screwfix. It's only a screw after all, what does it matter what it looks like?

Reply to
Malc