Citroen AX 1.4D - Is there any way of telling which ones have a Bosch fuel pump?

Looking to pick up a Citroen AX 1.4D as a little runaround but with the proviso that it needs to run on biodiesel, now the roto-diesel pumps burn out (lack of lubrication) when running on biodiesel so I need to find ones with a bosch fuel pump. Is there any way of telling (short of lifting the bonnet) if it's going to be Bosch or Roto- diesel?

Just wondered if they were fitted with certain pumps in different stages of their production or if it depends on where they are produced. I've read an unsubstantiated link which suggests three door models are all roto-diesel but that seems a little over simplistic.

Regards, TH.

Reply to
Trojan Hussar

It's French, it'll be random....

Reply to
Tony Bond

Not without lifting the bonnet.

Doesn't it?

Reply to
Conor

No, their isn't. The pump bodies say Bosch on them though. I've had a few ZX, Xantia and ZX diesels. All have had Bosch pumps. I've not had an AX though.

Cheers

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P